FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MQWCL vs FuhQuake

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: MQWCL vs FuhQuake Reply with quote

What features does MQWCL have that FuhQuake lacks? I mean, what would it take to get all of the MQWCL users to switch over to FuhQuake?

It would be cool to see MQWCL and FuhQuake merge into one, so as to standardize the community.
neooffs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mqwcl are too diferent... maybe get some features from it, but merge never!
dkure

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww, but i like some of the MQW stuff that fuh doesnt have, but i like the eye candy that fuh has.
Seeing as i don't really use many of the advanced features of fuh, yet MQW has many many cool features that i would like to see Sad
neooffs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the mqwcl hud system :\
Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be cool to have the winamp control qizmo feature Smile
lasker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuhquake seems to be alot darker than mqwcl. I have to use gamma in fuhquake to be able to see well, and gamma correction looks bad unless you set your display to 32bpp. Hmm, and f_system and f_cmdline aren't in fuhquake. Other than that, I like it Smile.
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f_system is an invasion of privacy and f_cmdline isn't needed since you can't use the lm_4 cheat in fuhquake.

Try gl_lightmode 0 (restart map) to make GL a lot lighter. Default is gl_lightmode 2 which makes it darker intentionally so that fullbrights stand out more. And you absolutely need to use -bpp 32 with high gamma as you mentioned.
lasker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mqwcl has an allow_f_system variable, I don't mind people knowing my system specs, but I guess some people don't, hehe. I'll try the gl_lightmode 0 thing you mentioned.. Are there any other differences between lightmode 0 and 2 and perhaps 1 besides them being lighter/darker?
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lasker wrote:
Mqwcl has an allow_f_system variable, I don't mind people knowing my system specs, but I guess some people don't, hehe. I'll try the gl_lightmode 0 thing you mentioned.. Are there any other differences between lightmode 0 and 2 and perhaps 1 besides them being lighter/darker?

lightmode 1 is the same as 2. lightmode just affects brightness, so just try 0 and 1 and see which one you like better. Also remember than in fuhquake, low gamma means brighter so gamma 0.5 is much brighter than gamma 1. In mqwcl it's the other way around. Just thought I'd mention that because most people complain about mqwcl being too dark to me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: