FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FuhQuake v0.27 (Build 345) Out Now!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: FuhQuake v0.27 (Build 345) Out Now! Reply with quote

The release of FuhQuake version 0.27, containing the much sought after new particle effects has finally gone gold. A complete changelog is given below.

Download : win32 linux security

There is no new v0.27 installer yet. If you've got a previous installation of FuhQuake simply unzip these zips over the top.

If you're new to FuhQuake then you can either download these zips only and install them into your quake directory, but it is recommended you download and install the FuhQuake v0.26 installer first and then unzip the v0.27 files over the top.

Important :
  • The new particle effects are completely optional and in fact turned off by default.
  • If you want to try out the new particle effects, make sure you install the fuhquake\pak0.pak (contained in the installation zips) and set all the gl_part_* variables to 1.
  • Read the doc to learn how to fully customise your particle effects.

New Features
Changes from Version 0.26 (Build 335)
  • Removed -smoothfont and readded the gl_smoothfont variable.
  • Servers may allow fullbrights on 24bit textures with "serverinfo 24bit_fbs 1".
  • Delta compression is no longer disabled during demo recording (thanks 5AT0H/BorisU).
  • QWZ demos with voice packets can be played back correctly now. (thanks Tonik).
  • Removed single gunshot explosion type and made double gunshot explosion type r_explosiontype 5.
  • Fullbrights on brush models are now handled by using luma textures.

• If -bpp is not specified on command line then FuhQuake defaults to 32bpp (used to default to 15/15bpp).
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed r_explosiontype 0/1 not working properly.
  • Other misc. bug fixes.

Last edited by fuh on Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:50 pm; edited 11 times in total
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for the installer or source, please forgive me. It's past midnight here and I've been making the zips all day and need a break.

I'll upload the source tomorrow and the installer a few days later (depending on how long it takes for new dm2 textures to be ready).
Luke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Looks good, no noticeable fps drop Reply with quote

Fuh did it again!

The new particles look good, and I couldn't notice any FPS drop... but then I cap my fps at 72 anyway. My system ain't all that fancy either, so I am not running in -bpp 32. Instead I use -bpp 16. Everything still looks great!

Now for my constructive criticism:

SHOTGUN:
Right on! Looks great! The pellet pieces that fall to the ground would look better if they were a little bit bigger and darker. Less snow flake like. I still like the idea of that effect, but it needs to be tweaked just a bit more, with regards to the falling pellets.

LIGHTNING BLOOD:
The lightning blood is the right color, but sometimes it is hard to see the blood because the lightning bolt model blocks the new blood effect since the blood falls... even lightning blood.
In my opinion, regular blood should be kept the same, but the lightning blood should not be effected by gravity. Instead it should rise up like brownish red smoke coming from burning flesh. That way it looks cool, and the player still gets the visual sign that he is making his shot.

LIGHTNING BOLT:
Please! Pretty please with sugar on top :-) The new particle system could really do a cool looking lightning bolt! All of the other weapon effects got a face lift, and the LG is a kewl weapon that is used all the time.

LAVA SPLASH:
Looks really weak on my computer. Not enough lava, not enough splash, and not enough raining down due to gravity. Of course, I am talking from a single player point of view. The end boss of episode 1 is where I tested the lava splash effect. The new effect might look good in various multiplayer mods, but in singleplayer, it looks weak.

CONCLUSION:
When it comes down to it, as of now, I would play with the following particle settings:

gl_part_explosions 1
gl_part_trails 1
gl_part_spikes 1
gl_part_gunshots 1
gl_part_blood 0
gl_part_telesplash 1
gl_part_blobs 1
gl_part_lavasplash 0

With the exception of lightning blood and lava splash, everything is a definite improvement, with no noticeable loss of frame rate!

Two pints for Fuh!
Luke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: MVDs at 10% Reply with quote

Hey guys, watch some MVD demos at 10% speed. The new effects look cool in slow motion!!! Especially the rockets!
Luke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: underwater particles Reply with quote

This just hit me, after playing some dm3 deathmatch. Would it be possible to have different particle effects underwater? I think Quake2 did something like this, where there were bubble trails for the shotguns.

Just looks weird now that the rocket trails actually look like smoke... even underwater.

Same weirdness goes for blood. Sure the original blood effect looked the same underwater, but now that the graphical quality has been raised... its starting to look even more weird with regards to underwater particles.

(that makes 3 consecutive posts to the same thread)
[LPB]Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: FuhQuake v0.27 Out Now! Reply with quote

Text anti-aliasing????

thank you,
louis
duko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Richest Franchise in Sport Reply with quote

Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile Gambling Addictions, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FuhQuake Forum Index -> FuhQuake News All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: