FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FuhQuake v0.28 (Build 450)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: FuhQuake v0.28 (Build 450) Reply with quote

I have made an update to the v0.28 Build 425 that I released about a month ago. The whole point is just to fix bugs that have been reported to me, but there's some minor new things as well. The new version is called v0.28 Build 450. A changelog is given at the bottom, please read it.

Download FuhQuake v0.28 (Build 450) (4mb):

If you have a previous installation of FuhQuake then you should just download the 4mb zips above and unzip them into your quake directory. Remember to download the new security module too.

If you don't have a previous installation of FuhQuake or want to freshen up your 24bit map textures, then you should install the FuhQuake v0.27 installer first and then unzip the v0.28 files over the top. Further instructions can be found at the installer page.

New Features
  • scr_autoid (GL only) displays player names above their heads in spectator mode and demo playback. I'll try to make it work for software and make it better for GL -conwidth 320 users in the future [Thanks to BorisU for this].
  • A lot of people asked to be able to see teamscores instead of individual frags in their hud. I present to you scr_drawHFrags and scr_drawVFrags: 0 = turns frag display off, 1 = individual frags (default), 2 = teamfrags in teamplay mode. See this rad pic for more info. Note that scr_drawVFrags only does something if your console width is >= 512 and < 640.
  • Added sys_inactivesleep (default is 1). Set this to 0 to prevent freeing of CPU when FuhQuake is minimised or not in focus. Only useful when you are a qizmo cam and don't want your observers to lag when you alt tab etc.

Changes From v0.28 Build 425
  • gl_keepjunctions has been removed.
  • -bpp defaults to 15/16 (instead of 32) if you don't specify it on your command line. If you want top quality, use -bpp 32 on your command line for the GL client, but -bpp 15 or 16 can be much faster.
  • sys_yieldcpu works better now (don't use this if you don't need it).
  • Timerefresh's disabled with -ruleset smackdown when a match is in progress (by request).
  • Removed scr_compactHud 3.
  • New spprogs.dat loading algorithm devised by massa.

Bug Fixes & Stuff
  • There is a new command line parameter -maxtmu2 that is a workaround for some buggy drivers. Use this if v0.27 and earlier works perfectly for you, but you get either *serious* slowdowns with 0.28 (fps drops from 200 to 5 etc) or your textures look wrong/deformed.
  • Black skins in the software client is fixed for demo playback, and hopefully for servers too. Please let me know if you still get black skins.
  • nmtrees.bsp works again.
  • If inferno.png isn't present, gl_part_inferno 1 will revert back to old style flames.
  • Other misc. fixes and otherwise meaningless stuff.

Last edited by fuh on Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:53 pm; edited 6 times in total
Miksu

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me blind but I couldn't find info about what is different in Scandinavia vs Australia-versions.
JKova

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miksu wrote:
Call me blind but I couldn't find info about what is different in Scandinavia vs Australia-versions.

Or maybe the scandinavian is just a mirror..? Smile
Luke

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks Fuh! Quake is still the best FPS, and you are helping it stay that way.
Miksu

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JKova wrote:
Or maybe the scandinavian is just a mirror..? Smile

Nah, I don't believe you. That would be too obvious.

I actually believed that there were two versions because of the FB-thingie. Now when the FB-skins are banned in Oztf, Fuh could have released one version for them(FB-skins disabled in Tf) and one for us FB-junkies.

Well Fuh, next time you hopefully put the word "Mirrors" over the download-links Smile
br-jediknight-br

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belive me Miksu, is just a mirror Very Happy
Fortyseven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be considered 'cheating' to be able to have scr_autoid work while not spectating? I think I'd enjoy that. Maybe color the text depending on the team.

Then again I guess this would render that one item in Custom TF rather moot.

*shrug*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FuhQuake Forum Index -> FuhQuake News All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: