FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wallhack help we players
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flashrox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: wallhack help we players Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm Flash, administrator of the quakeworld brazillian servers,
I have noticed a great number of players abusing of the altered
option of opengl32. Is there a way to make a version of fuhquake
with checking of DLLs or something like that,
cause I can't stand seeing this people cheating in the game.

Waiting for you answer

Flash

this a screen of wall in fuhquake

http://planeta.terra.com.br/arte/davi3d/flash/wallhack.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the vision of a famous player.... screenshot
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's impossible to check for modified versions of opengl32.dll by fuhquake really. every video card uses a different one, and there'd be thousands overall.
void

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: wallhack help we players Reply with quote

flashrox wrote:
I'm Flash, administrator of the quakeworld brazillian servers

LOL ?

You can't even know how to manage a bathroom so stfu you aren't admin from br servers.

void wrote:
Why drink and drive if you can smoke and fly ?
flashrox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im admin of ra ca td2 servers .. silence void lam .. u admin of ffa .. hahahahahaha ... but fuh ... im win98 needed dll msvcr70.dll msvci70.dll and ... in win98 ... this dll is not necessary ...
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is correct, but those dll's have nothing to do with wallhack. only opengl32.dll matters.
void

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flashrox wrote:
im admin of ra ca td2 servers .. silence void lam .. u admin of ffa .. hahahahahaha ... but fuh ... im win98 needed dll msvcr70.dll msvci70.dll and ... in win98 ... this dll is not necessary ...

;*

void wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuh, what about remove the /scr_allowsnap and set 1 by default,
so server admins can snapshot, and may catch some cheaters..
or make defaults opengl32.dll to use with fuhquake,
u download the opengl32.dll for u driver card from the fuhquake site and fuhquake just does a check if this dll is the same from the site...

like a f_dll
player: voodoo 2 - dll is security!
player1: geforce 2 - dll is security! (i think there's no dll for gf cards btw)
player2: geforce 2 - dll isnt security!

just ideas
void

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scr_allowsnap sucks, this is the only way that admins have to rape those opengl.dll hax0rs.

I agree with guest

void wrote:
HangTime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Server side screenshot taking is a really bad idea imo (zoid planned it for qw2.4). First of all you get a huge fps lag when the shot is taken (writing to hd, png/jpg compresion) and then you have to upload to the server which will kill all non-ethernet connections making it unplayable. I doubt the threat of sshots will scare away many cheaters and it just ruins the game for innocent players.

If opengl.dll cheating is so widespread on your servers maybe all gl clients should be banned (software only).
void

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HangTime wrote:
Server side screenshot taking is a really bad idea imo (zoid planned it for qw2.4). First of all you get a huge fps lag when the shot is taken (writing to hd, png/jpg compresion) and then you have to upload to the server which will kill all non-ethernet connections making it unplayable. I doubt the threat of sshots will scare away many cheaters and it just ruins the game for innocent players.

If opengl.dll cheating is so widespread on your servers maybe all gl clients should be banned (software only).

ok, but and players that don't like to play with soft ? Although snapshots take fps and lag you for a second it is like I said this is the only way that we can get opengl.dll cheaters. I'm sure that admin will not take snapshots just for take and scare players they'll do it just when appear a suspected players.

void wrote:
flashrox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but have cheat in soft too .. Very Happy good idea of opengl security
Spike

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could ask gl what it thinks it is and print that along with a crc.
If you get a crc that you've not seen before, get a snap. You need some sort of admin for it, with a big long list of em.

Remember to check for dlls according to the path, and then to check for any OS kernel hacks... You don't have to code anything in to your security dll. It shouldn't be too hard to knock up something useable if you are prepared for admins to work individually.

But it will give away what sort of card you've got, and some people may object to that.
phil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh hangtime?

maybe if your computer is from the 60's...

it takes about as much fps from the modern computer, to write and lossly compress a 1600x1200 image, as it does in generating the particles in a single quake explosion -- probably even less.

and sending a 50-100 kb file over even dialup -- a one time affair, is no biggie. it certainly wont "ruin" a game for innocent people -- they will be for it, expecially if it is the only way to find out about cheaters.
phil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as to banning all gl client.. in qw maybe this is possible, but most games are gl-only...

and even in qw, i dont think many people will be happy for this banning "solution"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

or make defaults opengl32.dll to use with fuhquake,
u download the opengl32.dll for u driver card from the fuhquake site and fuhquake just does a check if this dll is the same from the site...

like a f_dll
player: voodoo 2 - dll is security!
player1: geforce 2 - dll is security! (i think there's no dll for gf cards btw)
player2: geforce 2 - dll isnt security!

just ideas

This sounds good, right? There are only so many gfx cards, and you really don't need to always have the latest beta-version of drivers to play old-tech glquake, so once the list of legit dll's has been made, there wouldn't be need to update it constantly.

I'm really no expert, but doesn't for example all nvidia cards use the same version of the opengl32.dll file? So to cover all nvidia cards there would be need for only one dll. Maybe the same thing applies with ati cards... and so on.
luny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and I thought I was logged in :(
Telejano

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
Well, you could ask gl what it thinks it is and print that along with a crc.
If you get a crc that you've not seen before, get a snap. You need some sort of admin for it, with a big long list of em.

Remember to check for dlls according to the path, and then to check for any OS kernel hacks... You don't have to code anything in to your security dll. It shouldn't be too hard to knock up something useable if you are prepared for admins to work individually.

But it will give away what sort of card you've got, and some people may object to that.

I agree with Spike. You can add to a score system, ... a opengl32.dll file inside the quake folder will get more score, a unkwnom crc more score,... I suppose the opengl hack is to disable zbuffer, maybe you can disable zbuffer, and check if the screenshot with/withouth zbuffer look similar,.. that will get more score... Of course anithign is posible with a secured exe, if the exe is not secured, you can do anithign to fake your exe is not a cheaty one. My english is crap.
dkure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telejano wrote:
My english is crap.

noticed that one Razz, but remember practice makes perfect. Very Happy
DrLabman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking if you Draw a large white quad over the screen at the front, then draw some other stuff behind it.

On a normal opengl screen the whole thing will be white, on one with a wall hack the other stuff will show through.

So if you use some glReadPixels or what ever you can test if they are white and as they should be or if they are some other colour. If they aren't white then the client quits.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: