FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A2 return to atlantis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> 24bit Textures and Skins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaRe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: A2 return to atlantis Reply with quote

Just a good ca/duel map, its pretty nice i recommend getting it if you dont have it Razz..

Get it here

Map: http://www.arach.net.au/~rarebreed/a2.bsp

Textures: http://www.arach.net.au/~rarebreed/a2.rar
Drugs-Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work RaRe, you da man!

But when will we see more qe1 textures, your's totally owns.
Ps! Fixed any lumas yet? Smile If so, could you e-mail them to me ([email protected])

Regards, Drugs-Bunny
oldman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blimey drugs-bunny - theres an old name - always remember u for having those pics of the unreleased mqwcl 24bit :P
dkure

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b e a utiful work there rare Very Happy

love the retexture, and u even managed to get those big pictures done, art__5 for eg Very Happy, and i love that, as often these things are left unchanged.

Great work on the textures they work great together.

As always one negative, or construtive (depends how u look at it) i don't get what u have done with marble1_1.

And you even did luma Very Happy, i remember u saying u didn't like doing lumas, with me commenting on how the add a nice touch, and in this case as always it certainly does add a nice touch Very Happy.

gw rare, beautiful retexture Very Happy
Drugs-Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldman: hehe, yeah I loved to tease you guys back then with it Very Happy
Have you seen the custom fuhquake hud yet? I've got it Wink hehe, nah just kidding
RaRe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Ok well the marble i really really like, i dont know why but i do, it should really be a little darker then what it is, but it looks like raw marble in my view.
as for the luma's, i dont remeber ever saying i didnt like doing them :/

The art picture is acturly a life art work, it took me along time to find it but i did eventurly get it.

Smile
If everyone hates my marble so much ill change it
but i like it Razz
Drugs-Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your marbles Laughing
suicidal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote

aah yes, this one is a cool retexture, keep it up dude. man, good dm1 textures are really hard to find . someone should do dm1 nicely. Razz
RaRe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

It would be very hard to do dm1 retexture that is close to the orginal textures.
i could do most of the retexture bar the dead ppl on the wall, i dont know what to put there.
and i kinda dont want to go around searching for dead ppl on the net :/
Pingu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Credits please Reply with quote

Lo.

It was Amish that brought this place (and this project) to my attention. Firstly, I'm bloody happy that a fair few people seem to still like & play my old maps. However.. credit where credit is due. I released the .map files for my maps a long time ago with one request - if anything was altered and it was rereleased then I at least got a minor credit..

Given that the .bsp hasn't been altered then I'll let RaRe off this time Surprised A quick mention of me wouldn't go amiss in the first post though...

Now, having said that, don't suppose you fancy retexturing A3 for me do you??? Laughing As the old links stopped working months ago, here's a recent upload - http://www.alex.moore.dsl.pipex.com/downloads/a3.zip

Cheers

-Alex
Trinca

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pingu i love your p3a map is realy greet hope you still making beutifull maps like that!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
suicidal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Credits please Reply with quote

Now, having said that, don't suppose you fancy retexturing A3 for me do you??? Laughing As the old links stopped working months ago, here's a recent upload - http://www.alex.moore.dsl.pipex.com/downloads/a3.zip

i was wondering...is that map not done yet? cause i wanted to test it out and it wasnt working?
Pingu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Credits please Reply with quote

suicidal wrote:

i was wondering...is that map not done yet? cause i wanted to test it out and it wasnt working?

It's weird.. for some reason the web space I've got with my ADSL account seems to randomly give up working. All I can suggest is either try again later, or drop me an email & I'll mail it to you (it's about 800k)
RaRe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

firsty id like to say I do give credit when credit is due.
I have textured alot of maps dm to fortress and never have i brang the map maker into the picture, why would i thank a map maker for the work that i did to make their map better looking.

If anything you should be thanking me for making your map recongnised more, If you are that put off due to the fact i retextured your map i will remove the link to download your map and the textures.
MonoXide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think RaRe gave credit in the fact that he chose your map to begin with.
because of him more people will be using it ect.

RaRe: keep up the good work Wink
Pingu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote

RaRe wrote:
firsty id like to say I do give credit when credit is due.
I have textured alot of maps dm to fortress and never have i brang the map maker into the picture, why would i thank a map maker for the work that i did to make their map better looking.

It appears we've gotten off to a bad foot RaRe, I meant no disrespect. All I meant was that there was no mention of me in the original post, and that you linked to a direct download of the .bsp rather than the .zip which includes the text file. Obviously my alias still appears when loading the map because nothing has actually changed in the .bsp..

And it's not thanks that I'm asking for, it's simply recognition that I was the original author of the map in question. A2 was a big turning point in my history, on the back of the quality of that map I began talking seriously with game companies and eventually (having produced a couple more maps of the same standard) got a job in the industry - which I still hold today. I later released the .map source files for those maps so others who were interested in mapping seriously enough to consider a job in the industry could have something to look at and, more importantly, to tinker with. Doing things like this is how id started the entire modding community off and they, along with several others (Valve being possibly the most giving at the moment) continue to value the work & tinkerings of others. Your texture creation is coming along very nicely, and the tones that you used in your update of A2 prove that you obviously have a good creative eye, producing some subtle and powerful scenes.

RaRe wrote:
If anything you should be thanking me for making your map recongnised more, If you are that put off due to the fact i retextured your map i will remove the link to download your map and the textures.

As I stated in my first post, I'm bloody happy to see my maps, over 4 years down the line, still being played. I think it's more a testamount to id for creating such a good game, but it is nice to know that my work is still doing the rounds. So I do thank you for bringing my work to a wider audience. Removing the link to the textures & the map is something that I certainly do not wish you to do. Obviously I was more serious than I realised in my first post.. it was supposed to be lighthearted.

Maybe it's the heat Confused

Ended up being pretty damn long that. I need a beer...

-Alex
RaRe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

I was frustrated at the fact that another person posted your map "amish", who also alerted you to my post.
I beleive that he did not thank any map maker at all in his orignal posting, and yet you were here saying that you thought you deserved a special thanks.

Im sorry if i sound harsh, But it sounded like I was in debt to you because I retextured your map for the quakeing community.
Pingu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote

RaRe wrote:
I was frustrated at the fact that another person posted your map "amish", who also alerted you to my post.
I beleive that he did not thank any map maker at all in his orignal posting, and yet you were here saying that you thought you deserved a special thanks.

Im sorry if i sound harsh, But it sounded like I was in debt to you because I retextured your map for the quakeing community.

We've definitely missunderstood each other, I didn't think you were in my debt at all. I think I clarified all that in my last post.

However, I have to point out that in the thread Amish started about the retexture of P3A (which then went into a couple of others including A2) he put my alias in the title of the thread. He also emailed me to ask my permission and for my blessings, which I gave him.

I apologise for the final time if I've upset you, as I've already said I appreciate the work you've done & think you show promise of becomming a very good texture mapper. However I think you need to lighten up a little....

-Alex
Amish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaRe, I mentioned nothing of your thread to Pingu. I just emailed asked permission if I could retexture, and gave him a link to my thread.

I never intended an argument to ensue over trivial matters. I just wanted Pingu to know his maps are still alive and well, and if he would be so nice as to give his blessings.

For simplicity's sake, I never keep the zip file that I got with the map.
I know who made the maps because I played the hell out of them. I am only linking the .bsp file because most of the time that's all that's left in my /maps dir.. if a map is good enough, it gets put on my maplist textfile and into my server config .. and that's good enough to retexture as well Cool

I'm betting it's the same thing with RaRe. Can we shake hands and not talk of this matter again? Wink There are a lot of things to quibble about in the world, this should not be one of them.

That the map is being retextured at all shows respect to the mapper, at least a testament to the longevity of the map itself Twisted Evil

/Amish
RaRe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Well it seems i may have misunderstood you, For that i am sorry.
I had a look at your a3 map and i cant seem to get it to work under clan arena, is it a dm map, or a diffrent mod all together.
The texturing would take a while has you have put alot of textures into they map, and it would take me for ever to find your art picture unless you remebered the site that you got it off.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> 24bit Textures and Skins All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: