FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A2 return to atlantis
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> 24bit Textures and Skins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suicidal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote

RaRe wrote:
Well it seems i may have misunderstood you, For that i am sorry.
I had a look at your a3 map and i cant seem to get it to work under clan arena, is it a dm map, or a diffrent mod all together.

yeah. thas exacly what i meant when i said the map wasnt working. check the map itself pingu Smile
Pingu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: A3.. Reply with quote

Is a single player map =D

Check www.planetqauke.com/pingu/maps.html for info (it's at the bottom of the page)

As for the textures.. I may have a few lurking around still. Most are the same as ones used in A2, except for a sandy floor which I made myself (not very well) and the snow on rock, which I also made. The original rock texture was from RTCW and, I believe, a 512 source there.

If I can find the original .psd's I'll email them to you RaRe

-Alex
Apollyon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Firstly, I'm bloody happy that a fair few people seem to still like & play my old maps.

"Return to Atlantis" was recently used in a european 2on2 tournament called European Dope League: http://edl.fusk.cc/?a=maps&map=A2
It is also part of the map rotation on Central Europe's most frequented ffa server: gamezz.xs4all.nl

Ever thought about making another Quake map, Pingu? With 24bit textures in mind from the start the results would be great i guess because when most (popular) Quake maps were designed high res textures weren't supported by Quake. And even though many of the textures released here on the forum are faithful to the original ones they don't seem to fit very well.
I always find it a pity that custom maps hardly get played and that is because mappers don't know what competetive players want and vice versa i think. Anyway, the competetive DM scene would be in need of an excelent duel map or a good 32 player map for those 10 vs 10 nation vs nation matches Smile
And if Pingu is too busy hopefully some other mapper reads this.
oldman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...not forgetting to put proper coloured lighting in and release an attatched .lit :)
Pingu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: More maps.. Reply with quote

Yeah, Apollyon, I do consider making more Q1 maps from time to time, however I really don't have the time / energy - mapping full time takes away some of the fun & it certainly removes some of the desire to make maps in my spare time. I guess that's what you get for making your hobby your job Very Happy

Cheers for the info on where A2's being played. Shame no one seems to play Rediscovered Fantasies really, it's probably the one I enjoyed making the most (and it favours experienced players like no other..)

-Alex
Drugs-Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apo, yeah it's a shame that custom maps doesn't get played that often. But now we've finally started to play aerowalk. Who know's what's next; ztndm3,cmt maps Smile
Pingu; your maps rocks, gl on upcoming projects
RaRe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

I played your a3 map with the monsters etc, was quite fun.
Its a shame it didnt go for longer i was enjoying it Razz

Nice ending with the air thing

"That was my dog"
= Pwned

Btw my email has changed, so if you are thinking about sending thoes textures the email you should send it to is [email protected]
suicidal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote

played the map, fun indeed, but, how come there's only 64 (or 65) monsters out of 70 something, i checked the monster-meter...... maybe its a hidden thingy...
Pingu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: Monsters Reply with quote

If you try and cheat to get the gold key (jump on the rocks on the left of the start & then jump across) 4 enforcers warp in to.. well, tell you off Rolling Eyes
fluffy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just blundered into this ancient thread .... downloaded and tried A3 http://www.planetquake.com/pingu/ and its pure quality - Great SP level - play it!!!
I never finished it on my 2nd go - i'm sure one more pop with my DBSG would have floored the Shambler, but i ran out of ammo and couldnt axe him before he ripped me to shreds!
Oh, and the twirly particle effect that surrounds the first Key is present using ZQuake, but missing when running Fuh?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> 24bit Textures and Skins All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: