FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FuhQuake 0.30 on the Horizon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: FuhQuake 0.30 on the Horizon Reply with quote

FuhQuake v0.30 will be released sometime in September. It will be the biggest FuhQuake release to date with more than twice as many new features as any previous FuhQuake release.

I have updated the FuhQuake screenshots page to display just a few of the new features in the upcoming version. Some things to take note of are:
  • Half-life map support.
  • Integrated frags and (where appropriate) flag touches/captures into the scoreboard. This is especially great for TF players (including tf 2.9, oztf, megatf and cutf players).
  • A virtually complete makeover of FuhQuake's particles, incorporating many effects from QMB, Tenenbrae, AMF and Darkplaces, as well as a few of my own.
Check out the new screenshots over here and stay tuned for updates on all the features that can't be captured in a simple screenshot.

Last edited by fuh on Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ba`alzamon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OWNAGE@!#!@ Very Happy

cant wait Smile
Goljat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that tf [url=https://fuhquake.net/img/screenshots/scoreboard/stats-tf.jpg ]stat[/url] pic is awesome. You can only play dmm4 on half life maps i am right? you cant play dmm3 there i guess Smile Promo video of that feature and then post to esreality. Good work fuh.
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS, All screenshots were taken with -width 1280 -height 960 -bpp 32 and using -conwidth 320 -conheight 240 (except for the scoreboard which used default -conwidth and -conheight). You can download the charset and hud images I used over here.
oldman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goljat wrote:
that tf [url=https://fuhquake.net/img/screenshots/scoreboard/stats-tf.jpg ]stat[/url] pic is awesome. You can only play dmm4 on half life maps i am right? you cant play dmm3 there i guess :) Promo video of that feature and then post to esreality. Good work fuh.

u could use halflife maps in dmm3/teamplay

two ways, either someone writes a .ent file with quake start points and weapons and uses sv_ent to apply it

or someone adds an entity converter to ktpro source :P
def

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuh put in alot of hard work on this version, just wait until you see the full list of features in 0.30. Great stuff, screenshots look great!

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with def, thoose screenshots looks increadible.
Damn a shame fuh doesn't get payed for this.

Btw, I read some stuff about id software maybe doing a remake of quake 1 or quake 2. If so there might be some money in for you fuh if you'd join their project Wink
I get dizzy just by the though of it Shocked
Drugs-Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, I somehow managed to remove the "automatical login" hence I was the one who posted the above
WinTer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats good shit fuh
cant wait man
dkure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that blood is a nice nice nice improvement Very Happy.

The new particles look very nice Very Happy, the touches, kills etc, also get a thumbs up from me fuh Very Happy.

Now as always i got me some questions Razz

1. particles-2a.jpg, the shockwave one on dm4, there is a shockwave, whats this?
2.particles-4a.jpg, another dm4 one, overhead as rockets crash into gl stairway. I see the cells packet on the left, this does not seem like a md3 model, does this mean no md3 support in 0.30
3.particles-8a.jpg, the TF people spawning, is this the new teleport particles, OR is this just a spawn thing. If new teleport, how does this look when watching .qwz demos with teleport as explosion type?

My favorite screenie of them all is particles-9a.jpg, the demoman, flying high on well6 with the new blood everywhere Very Happy

these questions don't need to be answered, but would be nice, so if u no1 is going to (/me points at fuh/def/beta testers) anwers these q's could some1 say so Very Happy, and i wait more patienly then saying "answer me !!!"
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I will answer briefly

1. The one with a shockwave is just an ordinary explosion. It's just a new style you can pick with r_explosionType. It's not default, but if you want something big and fancy its there.
2. I don't use md3's.
3. This is the new tele effect and it looks exactly the same when you use the tele effect for explosions. It's a bit big, but when using gl_clipparticles 1, it doesn't block your vision any more than the old style tele effects without using -particles 0. It's actually a lot better than it looks in game when you see how the particles move.
Up2nOgOoD[ROCK]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuh what is the name or where can I download the skybox in the well6 screenshot? https://fuhquake.net/img/screenshots/particles/particles-9.jpg
Luke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuh, is it me or are some of the particle sprites messed up in the teleport screenshot? It looks like the sprite graphic's border is being displayed or something on the bottom of those particle's.

The blood looks like a big improvement, but its hard to tell... does it splatter and stick to the surfaces and stain them? In my opinion, a room should look like a butcher's work room after a fight breaks out.

I think that the particle effects should be revisited every now and then in future versions, so as to continuously tweak them. If you have the flexibility in the engine to do so, then why not keep adding polish?

Looks like there are lots of TF-centric improvements. The TFers should thankyou for this, as most other custom clients only concerned themselves with deathmatch.
Luke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuh can be paid for doing this! He has a Paypal donation button at the very bottom right of his web page. Everyone should donate at least $10 with the release of the next version! For godsakes, its just $10. Thats just a dinner and a movie. Not much money at all!
whimpo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: plz do not forget the need for a server browser! Reply with quote

I think this is one of the reasons, why so many still uses mqwcl (including me).

Great job Fuh Very Happy
Telejano

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT!.. soo amazing particles, good content... hei.. hei hei... This is starting to look like.. something cool!

Of course, most of the new effects looks somewhat fruity, but hell.. where very optional. The new blood is ..intense!. All the world will love explowaves.. hehehe...

Will be a cool release.

- - -

I have a suggestion:
Rocket trails can look somewhat better with sparks that not fall to ground and spray from rocket (only from missile.mdl) behind ... maybe like this code:

(alien code from tj)
Code:

if (ent->model->effect == MFX_MISSILE || ent->model->use_MISSILE) //model is missile, or add missile effect
         {
         AngleVectors(ent->angles,  downmove,dumy,dumy);

VectorNormalize(downmove);
         downmove[0] *= 14 *2;
         downmove[1] *= 14 *2;
         downmove[2] *= -14 *2;

VectorScale(downmove,0.4,dumy);

VectorAdd(ent->origin,downmove,downmove);
         VectorSubtract(ent->origin,dumy,dumy);

XR_RocketTrail ( dumy, downmove, 11);
 //The velocity can be the vectorl lenght * 2

}

I dont know if your engine have AngleVector, this is a example:

Code:

void AngleVectors (vec3_t angles, vec3_t forward, vec3_t right, vec3_t up)
{
   float      angle;
   float      sr, sp, sy, cr, cp, cy;

angle   = DEG2RAD(angles[YAW]);   // Tomaz Speed
   sy      = sin(angle);
   cy      = cos(angle);
   angle   = DEG2RAD(angles[PITCH]);   // Tomaz Speed
   sp      = sin(angle);
   cp      = cos(angle);

if (right || up)
   {
      angle   = DEG2RAD(angles[ROLL]);   // Tomaz Speed
      sr      = sin(angle);
      cr      = cos(angle);
   }

forward[0]   = cp*cy;
   forward[1]   = cp*sy;
   forward[2]   = -sp;

if (right)
   {
      right[0]   = (-1*sr*sp*cy+-1*cr*-sy);
      right[1]   = (-1*sr*sp*sy+-1*cr*cy);
      right[2]   = -1*sr*cp;
   }

if (up)
   {
      up[0]      = (cr*sp*cy+-sr*-sy);
      up[1]      = (cr*sp*sy+-sr*cy);
      up[2]      = cr*cp;
   }
}

With that you can spray particle to behind from model center... look interesting.

Somewhat like that:
http://www.planetquake.com/blur/odium/q2e_Rocket.zip
Luke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Fuh knows about the popularity of a built-in mqwcl-like server browser... but Fuh also implements the features he enjoys implementing. So maybe we need to make the idea of a server browser more enjoyable ;-)

Maybe more donations?
dkure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up2nOgOoD[ROCK] wrote:
Fuh what is the name or where can I download the skybox in the well6 screenshot? https://fuhquake.net/img/screenshots/particles/particles-9.jpg

the name of the skybox is dmcw

http://rockwell.topcities.com/dmcw.html
mur

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do i have to place these skyboxes?
Miksu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that new scoreboard looks nice. Shouldn't it be possible to integrate some simple speedstats-variant into FuhQuake now? I think it would be enough if one could press a button and create a html-page where you can see everyone's kills/deaths/etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FuhQuake Forum Index -> FuhQuake News All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: