FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FuhQuake v0.31 with keymap support
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Massa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuh wrote:
hr = IDirectInputDevice_SetDataFormat(g_pMouse, &c_dfDIMouse2);

c_dfDIMouse2 <---- that is what makes > 4 mouse buttons works.
and that's exactly the reason why you need "dinput.lib" and that's also the reason why a dynamic loading of "dinput.dll" is senseless (already loaded, also without -dinput!).
c_dfDIMouse2 is defined as an external constant, that means it have to be imported at link from "dinput.lib"

For old mouse code there also exists a constant c_dfDIMouse; but this would also prevent the code from being independent from dinput.lib.
So the initial code author builds the structure "df" himself (was it you Fuh?)

And that's exactly what has to be done for support of more buttons; here are the necessary code parts:
Code:
typedef struct MYDATA {
   LONG  lX;                   // X axis goes here
   LONG  lY;                   // Y axis goes here
   LONG  lZ;                   // Z axis goes here
   BYTE  bButtonA;             // One button goes here
   BYTE  bButtonB;             // Another button goes here
   BYTE  bButtonC;             // Another button goes here
   BYTE  bButtonD;             // Another button goes here
   BYTE  bButtonE;             // Another button goes here
   BYTE  bButtonF;             // Another button goes here
   BYTE  bButtonG;             // Another button goes here
   BYTE  bButtonH;             // Another button goes here
} MYDATA;

static DIOBJECTDATAFORMAT rgodf[] = {
  { &GUID_XAxis,    FIELD_OFFSET(MYDATA, lX),       DIDFT_AXIS | DIDFT_ANYINSTANCE,   0,},
  { &GUID_YAxis,    FIELD_OFFSET(MYDATA, lY),       DIDFT_AXIS | DIDFT_ANYINSTANCE,   0,},
  { &GUID_ZAxis,    FIELD_OFFSET(MYDATA, lZ),       0x80000000 | DIDFT_AXIS | DIDFT_ANYINSTANCE,   0,},
  { 0,              FIELD_OFFSET(MYDATA, bButtonA), DIDFT_BUTTON | DIDFT_ANYINSTANCE, 0,},
  { 0,              FIELD_OFFSET(MYDATA, bButtonB), DIDFT_BUTTON | DIDFT_ANYINSTANCE, 0,},
  { 0,              FIELD_OFFSET(MYDATA, bButtonC), 0x80000000 | DIDFT_BUTTON | DIDFT_ANYINSTANCE, 0,},
  { 0,              FIELD_OFFSET(MYDATA, bButtonD), 0x80000000 | DIDFT_BUTTON | DIDFT_ANYINSTANCE, 0,},
  { 0,              FIELD_OFFSET(MYDATA, bButtonE), 0x80000000 | DIDFT_BUTTON | DIDFT_ANYINSTANCE, 0,},
  { 0,              FIELD_OFFSET(MYDATA, bButtonF), 0x80000000 | DIDFT_BUTTON | DIDFT_ANYINSTANCE, 0,},
  { 0,              FIELD_OFFSET(MYDATA, bButtonG), 0x80000000 | DIDFT_BUTTON | DIDFT_ANYINSTANCE, 0,},
  { 0,              FIELD_OFFSET(MYDATA, bButtonH), 0x80000000 | DIDFT_BUTTON | DIDFT_ANYINSTANCE, 0,}
};

#define NUM_OBJECTS (sizeof(rgodf) / sizeof(rgodf[0]))

static DIDATAFORMAT   df = {
   sizeof(DIDATAFORMAT),       // this structure
   sizeof(DIOBJECTDATAFORMAT), // size of object data format
   DIDF_RELAXIS,               // absolute axis coordinates
   sizeof(MYDATA),             // device data size
   NUM_OBJECTS,                // number of objects
   rgodf                       // and here they are
};
// set the data format to "mouse format".
hr = IDirectInputDevice_SetDataFormat(g_pMouse, &df);

I did this changes to BorisU's code but I'm not sure, if the values of the MYDATA and the rgodf structure are correct. It seems to work with my IntelliMouse, but how knows... Wink
I tried to debug and find out what's in the original c_dfDIMouse2 constant - but it's difficult to find what's in "rgodf".
At least debugging my results seems to be similar Smile

With that piece of code it removes the static dependencies to the dinput.lib
The resulting executable is still able to start under NT4 but I have no idea if it really works (I could only test it on one of my company servers and this one has no mouse and I also don't want to break it with installing additional drivers Smile )

So it's only a few test away from a new Massa FuhQuake release Razz
Massa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new version, based on official version v0.31 Build650, is available now.

the dinput-code which we discussed here is included - it enables the usage of the buttons 5-8 with MS mice.
BTW, midn: I tried to send you a beta version to test via email (mail error) and also asked you via forum's PM here - both keeps unanswered Sad
So reports are welcome...

I also tried to find information at MS how to program the new horizontal wheel, but did not find anything.
midn, if there are some SDK programming information at your driver CD, inform me.

Another extension is the possibility to add an extra directory where textures will be searched.
If the new cvar gl_textures_dir has been set (e.g. to "simplequake"), the executable will first search in that directory structure for it's textures and only if it does not find the corresponding texture it will search through the normal mechanism (gamedir, fuhquake, qw, id1, ...)
With that you can easily switch between different texture sets without changing the gamedir (and also without a restart).
Really useful if you sometimes use Drugs-Bunny's simplistic textures but normally use the regular ones... Razz

For detailled informations look at the history at the beginning of this thread and at the changes file included in the packages...

Enjoy! Very Happy
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Massa, you are right in that it is needless to LoadLibrary(dinput.dll) if linking to the stub.

However keep in mind that you can use GetProcAddress() to get pointers to variables too, it is not just for functions!

It is tricky however because i) the variable has to be exported by the dinput code and ii) The name you give GetProcAddress() to get the variable is not always the name of the variable! It can be different.

In this case I do not know what the name to give to GetProcAddress() to get c_dfDIMouse2 is , and I'm not sure if c_dfDIMouse2 is even exported.

However if you can work it out this would be the best solution.

It is better than reverse-engineering c_dfDIMouse2 (or whatever) because c_dfDIMouse2 might be different depending on the OS or installed version of dinput. All you know is that c_dfDIMouse2 is guaranteed by microsoft to work.
BorisU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK c_dfDIMouse2 is not a part of dll. It is a constant structure very similar if not identical to the structure from the Massa's source. My conclusions come after viewing the disassembly of the corresponding part of dinput.lib.
midn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry massa

ill try ur release
tkz
Massa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuh wrote:
Hey Massa, you are right in that it is needless to LoadLibrary(dinput.dll) if linking to the stub.

However keep in mind that you can use GetProcAddress() to get pointers to variables too, it is not just for functions!

I did not know this!
the SDK only talks about "functions"

fuh wrote:
In this case I do not know what the name to give to GetProcAddress() to get c_dfDIMouse2 is , and I'm not sure if c_dfDIMouse2 is even exported.

Hmm,
It's, like BorisU told, a constant; it is defined as external in "dinput.h" and can not be found elsewhere (I searched through the whole SDK sources without success).
So it's either directly inside of dinput.lib or it's inside the DLL.

fuh wrote:
However if you can work it out this would be the best solution.
it is better than reverse-engineering c_dfDIMouse2 (or whatever) because c_dfDIMouse2 might be different depending on the OS or installed version of dinput. All you know is that c_dfDIMouse2 is guaranteed by microsoft to work.

100% agreed - if possible Smile
Hmm, the old code for c_dfDIMouse works the same way I did it for c_dfDIMouse2 - so if I'm able to get the constant dynamically it would also work with the old one...
... but on the other side, why should we need the old method any longer? Wink
midn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great work massa
it works great, all 5 buttons working Very Happy

but the bug i noticed is that when trying to take a SS with a bind the fuhquake crashes, and return do desktop with high gamma
midn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah
and there's no SDK in intellipoint cd
Massa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midn wrote:
but the bug i noticed is that when trying to take a SS with a bind the fuhquake crashes, and return do desktop with high gamma

Tell me more about that.

What keymapping do you use (if you use one) and tell me exactly what your bind is and when it crashes (when you switch to supershotgun or when you take it or when you try to use it or...) and in which map(s)!

midn wrote:
and there's no SDK in intellipoint cd

And that's bad Sad - so I habe to wait until I find something at the MS pages about that "tilt wheel"
midn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bind kp_1 sshot
alias sshot "screenshot"
map 2fort5, i didnt test in any other
no keymapping
midn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm

all maps, same problem, chashing when trying to take a pic Razz
Massa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midn wrote:
bind kp_1 sshot
alias sshot "screenshot"
map 2fort5, i didnt test in any other
no keymapping

I can reproduce it. It happens with the sofware and the GL version, it does not matter which map or keybinding Sad
It seems, that there's something wrong with the screenshot code.
But
a) I did not change anything regarding the screenshot command.
b) the crash does not happen when I add debug informations - so it's really hard to find Crying or Very sad

Until then screenshots will not work with my version...
Massa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another small update.

midn: the screenshot problem should be solved.

My gl_textures_dir functionality has some issues:
a) if a luma texture exists in one of the original directories or pakfiles it will be loaded even when the texture itself lays in the gl_textures_dir.
That means that it's best to have always lumas which match the textures.
b) it did not load from pakfiles
c) it did not load outside from the given textures dir (e.g. if "basedir/textures/map/name" does not exist but "basedir/textures/name")

b) and c) are now solved with new code.

To solve a) you have to put lumas besides your textures (that also means, that you have to generate faked lumas for the simplequake textures).

And there are a few small changes in the quakec code.

For detailed informations look at the top of this thread and at the changes file inside the zip files (which of course have been updated).

Enjoy! Very Happy
midn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah massa!

SS is working

tkz
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this screenshot bug affect my stuff?
Massa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuh wrote:
does this screenshot bug affect my stuff?

No - otherwise I would have told you Smile
I accidentely changed a line of code which lead to a string copy outside the buffer limits... Embarassed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: