FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bugfix Release: FuhQuake v0.30 (Build 585)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Bugfix Release: FuhQuake v0.30 (Build 585) Reply with quote

FuhQuake v0.30 was initially release about a fortnight ago as build 570. I am now releasing an update (v0.30 Build 585) that addresses all the issues and bugs that have been reported to me. This release is not about new features, it's solely about making v0.30 stable and bug-free. (Actually there are a few new things, but nothing special).

Glimpses from the changelog include:
  • All reported bugs that affected v0.30 have been fixed. This includes the crash on some 3dfx and S3 cards, as well as cfg_save corrupting aliases in linux clients.
  • Added an option for using the old-style r_max_size_1 colours (new-style is still default). Also added an option for removing the black lines that make up the border of the scoreboard.
  • Added macros that detect whether you are in demo-playback mode, spectating on a server, or in prematch/prewar for advanced scripting purposes.
  • Added an option to disable windows keys from alt-tabbing you in NT4/2K/XP (and made the windows keys bindable in all clients).
The following documentation should be consulted:
  • The changelog for v0.30 Build 585 contains a complete list of all the bugfixes, new features and misc. changes that have been applied since the v0.30 Build 570 release.
  • The v0.30 FAQ has been updated with some new info. on r_max_size_1 and scr_scoreboard_borderless.
  • Keep an eye on this thread for information on remaining bugs/issues that affect v0.30 Build 585.
  • The v0.30 Build 570 release news post should be consulted if you haven't read it already.

Download FuhQuake v0.30 (Build 585) (4mb):
If you have a previous installation of FuhQuake then you should just download the 4mb zips above and unzip them into your quake directory. Remember to download the new security module too.

If you don't have a previous installation of FuhQuake or want to freshen up your 24bit map textures, then you should install the FuhQuake v0.27 installer first and then unzip the v0.30 files over the top. Further instructions can be found at the installer page.

Last edited by fuh on Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:00 am; edited 6 times in total
Luke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuh,

Are you also aware of the particle trail bug that causes, for example, a rocket's trail to be drawn going in the wrong direction? It typically happens to me when I am moving really fast. The rocket trail vector seems like it is slightly shifted and rotated incorrectly. The rocket still moves in the right direction.

Anyway, it is a very rare bug. No biggy. In fact, it is so rare and occurs over such a short time that I sometimes wonder if I just blinked... or if the rocket trail really was drawn incorrectly.
Bitchslap420

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not just you, i notice that bug about once or twice a day.
dkure

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: FuhQuake v0.30 (Build 585) - Bugfix Release Out Reply with quote

fuh wrote:
Added macros that detect whether you are in demo-playback mode, spectating on a server, or in prematch/prewar for advanced scripting purposes.

I love you for this feature Very Happy, makes checking things with scripting ALOT easier Very Happy
Up2nOgOoD[ROCK]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah fuh, thanks again for adding in those features. made everything so much easier
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke : if you mentioned it to me when you first noticed it, it would have been fixed by now. If you can send me a 5s demo of it happening, it would be good (QWD).
Necrophobia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: winkeys Reply with quote

lwinkey (and rwinkey) only responds in the first time you press the key after starting fuhquake.
popupmenu works fine.
os = win98
keyboard = abnt2 (brazil)
i need rwinkey to have a proper key to bind +nailgun

fuhquake rlz Smile
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, not designed to work with win98. NT4/2K/XP only.
Luke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuh,

It is hard to recreate the bug. I am not sure exactly what causes it, so I would end up having to record demos for hours of play. It is nothing serious... just a little quirk that you miss if you blink.

I will try to record QWD's more often, in hope that the bug surfaces.
WinTer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuh...
that bug that luke talks about
it happens heaps with me
like in a fight maybe every... 6 rockets or so
it basically appears like the rocketrail is going from 2 directs at once
at the start theres 2 trails one coming from me.. the correct one. and another coming from a different angle but going the same directiong

the incorrect trail kinda blends in with the correct one as rock reaches destination..
pretty annoying man!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someimtes when i shoot rockets at fast speeds the rocket trail acts as if its going in the wrong direction and 'bends' round at about 70-80% angle to the right direction.. first time i saw it i wondered if i had noaim 0 or osmething...
meez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops that was me sorry...

PS... now i can use bugfix version with a security module yipee! THX FUH
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks wint, yours is the first description that really helps.

I think its only a matter of time before someone gets a demo of it . Keep an eye on this thread to see when its fixed.
meez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also would a command on_demo_end / on_demo_start and $demoname vars be available in a upcoming version... or do i have to code these myself so that i can make a new .qwd/.mvd only movie... and make it possible to add 'timers' to demos... so like after 'bla' seconds playtrack 5 etc..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirror in Sweden for the latest release:

http://ftp.fragzone.se/?s=&p=spel/quake/clients/fuhquake/
fizz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about some kind of Roadmap of where fuhquake is going, maybe something with planned/in-development features, possible ideas and things you would like to eventually include.

I think this would be nice Razz)
Luke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few huge QWD's now, with no showing the of the trail bug. Talk about frustrating. My only guess for why it is rare for me and not others... it has to be related to ping and packet loss. Since I was recording demos on LAN play... it didn't help much for finding the bug.

I will try to connect to a distant server, so I have an ass-o-rific connection. I hate nondeterministic bugs. WinTer, can you try to get a QWD demo recorded of the bug? I rarely see the bug, and when it usually does happen, it is very subtle. Only during super rare occasions is the double rocket trail bug big enough for an untrained eye to see. At least that is how it is for me.
mike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, i noticed this trails bug too - i mentioned it in irc.

from memory the second trail only really happens in close combat with a few rox being fired and, for me, just looks as if there's someone else behind and to the side of me, shooting at whoever i am.
WinTer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah mike thats it....
Luke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck getting a screenshot or demo of it. I was unable to do so yesterday, when I played for a few hours. Seems like whenever I was recording a demo, the bug didn't show itself... and when I stopped recording, the bug popped up a few times.

Also, during one game, I saw the bug, and I was on a ktpro mvdsv server, so I downloaded the mvd... and then when I skipped to the part of the mvd where the bug happened... it didn't seem to happen again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FuhQuake Forum Index -> FuhQuake News All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: