FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Graphics menus
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FuhQuake Forum Index -> 24bit Textures and Skins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: New Graphics menus Reply with quote

Using oldschool quake menus for me is annoying. Tf needs some new decent looking menus and I want something new for the new version of Oztf.

Im asking if anyone can update these graphics. I guess theres alot of people who play around with images, so feel free to have a go, you will be accredited, and given much man love from all our tf players.

I was playing around just to give u an example of what i mean;

you can take the png graphics from fuhquake\gfx and copy them into fortress\gfx then edit them in there. im most interested in changing maybe the font of all titles and menu options, and the menudot graphics similar to mine would be good.
Ive uploaded my menudot graphic here:
http://ap.qgl.org/mercury/images/menudot1.png

rough examples:
http://ap.qgl.org/mercury/images/fuhquake016.jpg

http://ap.qgl.org/mercury/images/fuhquake017.jpg

email me if u wish to contact me or reply to this post

http://ap.qgl.org/mercury/

Last edited by Mercury on Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Klaymen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the look/idea of a faithful hi-rez remake of the old menu. Quake font for me is runey sexness.

- Klaymen
Spike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without changing the layout, alternate graphics (other than faithful) tend to be a little offputting.

Why not get menus like q3 has, withe the menu in a seperate module (normally a qvm). Then you could have all sorts of fancy cool effects.
meez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
Without changing the layout, alternate graphics (other than faithful) tend to be a little offputting.

Why not get menus like q3 has, withe the menu in a seperate module (normally a qvm). Then you could have all sorts of fancy cool effects.

hey merc... this is what ma main man and main client coder is talkin about:

http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=617 ... check it out iz wiked! maybe i should try and add QMV support to FUHquake... ill probably just fail hopelessly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuX Cool
suicidal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i hope someone does this request:

https://fuhquake.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2156
Claymore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well on tose pics the menus kinda suck, but i really like that "wallpaper", were did you get it ? It gives to quake a look kinda like UT2K3.
Mercury

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesnt have to lose the quake look but it has to be updated, because its normal quake graphics. I want Team fortress graphics, which later on when user interface menus are integrated (qvm's like spikes client) it will be needed even more so. Those examples I gave are just a 2 minute play around they are suppose to give an idea of what u can change.

Urgefor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike has the right idea. This has been needed for quite some time. And using the Q3 format (format, not look) making the menu system highly flexible would allow for easy updates to the menus as the versions of a client progress. Not to mention the how friendly it would be for new players.
meez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and it would allow modmakers to make thier menu's 100% customizable... take mods for Q3/HL like CS or Urban Terror or Q3F. The menus were completely diferent. If this got implemented into a big client like fuhquake mod authors like mercury would be requesting/building thier own complete remade menu.

There should be some options to go back to orginal too. But of course set to a new GUI for the newbies. Oh i cant wait... if only there was someway for me to help spike Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~SPike engine has a great future if he continues to develope it, i agree with those ideas, lots of ppl don't play quake due to the unfrendly format that quake has evoluted so far, many of the commands that are needed to configure in TF or other mods, and even in the engine, they are all configurated trough configs, we have to understand that ppl that play CS, UT, Urban T and those type of games don't really know were to start, we should start thinking in making quake an easier game to start with minimum dificulties.
Mercury

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its been a top priority of my tf for ages, to make it more user friendly of course, but it cannot be done without the client interface being updated.

I would gladly create a qvm menu for my mod, its something i look forward too. But for the meantime there are other limitions that we have to focus on which makes quake "minute" to newer games. Namely model precache where a client can use more then the 256k precache allowed for models. Its so frustrating having a mod limited to just weapon and armor models and a few extras. But unfortunately until we find away to get around the precache without modifing the protocol, nothing will be done.

Second thing is particles and custom effects, would be good if mod makers had more capability for a custom particle or sprite frame affect.

Quake does need new models badly.

For now we start with graphics menus Razz

You know how bad you want to update em! CMON TIMMOI!!

Urgefor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention in my last post. Being able to launch any of the various Quake mods from the in game menu. Very Happy Sweetness. I would help however I can (probably just some moldy graphics work), but I'd be up for a revamped menu and menu graphics at the same time. Wink
Moon[Drunk]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Ranking.png Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this for a long time so when I read this thread I thought I finally give it a go.
I thought I'd use the Quake font, at least for now.
This is just a first "try" so please comment.

looks quite dark here, better ingame though!
meez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Ranking.png Reply with quote

Moon[Drunk] wrote:
I've been thinking about this for a long time so when I read this thread I thought I finally give it a go.
I thought I'd use the Quake font, at least for now.
This is just a first "try" so please comment.

looks quite dark here, better ingame though!

do you ever fail to impress me Sad I will use. Where do the rankings.png go again :/ im using 0.31 btw...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon[Drunk] SOO totally needs to make a new graphics menu. He's got the quake style dowwn Razz.
Moon[Drunk]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: New menu graphics #1 Reply with quote

Here's a screenshot of my metal theme design. Maybe I got little carried away with the rust Smile As you can see I havn't done the dots yet.

I'm intending too make at least 2 designs, this one and one looking like my previous post above.

If one would like too add a Logo it could be placed in the lower rightcorner of "mainmenu.png"?

Finally I would like too state that I think the menugraphics in fuh (done by dobbz?) is very very good!

Please comment............

Mick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIMME GIMME GIMME MooNDrunk !!!!!!!
EasyTarget

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked i would REALLY like to have that one Razz

edit: the spinning Q looks like it needs to be changed Cool
plasticity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks fecking awesome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FuhQuake Forum Index -> 24bit Textures and Skins All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: