FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linux XMMS fully working workaround

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardcampa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Linux XMMS fully working workaround Reply with quote

This is a temporary workaround to get XMMS to work in Fuhquke v0.31.
This solution works for me with Gentoo perhaps it works with Mandrake or any other linux distribution that got the same problem as well.

Not every distro got the problem though.

Do this before you launch fuhquake-gl.glx
export LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libpthread.so.0

If you got a script, simply put it at the top Very Happy

If you have renamed your libxmms.so to anything else (as was an earlier workaround), don't forget to rename it back!

Good luck

Note I also posted this news in the bug forums here, in case you're wondering, I just felt it was important enough not to miss =P
manny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, didn't work for me or maybe i did something wrong:
export LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libpthread.so.0
/lib/libpthread.so.0: symbol _errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Fedora Core 1, tested X11 and glx. Btw i CAN launch xmms before i launch the game and it will work fine, it will play music but no control for volume, etc.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: