FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[off-topic] digital brutality
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

err. that doesn't really makes sense that they would show it on a ti4600 (dx8 only card), since it runs faster, much faster under dx9 on an ati card, it only makes sense to showcase it on an ati card. Did you even take a look at the benchmarks?

You also state that you are going to be the coder for this on the page, and then you say later in this thread

Quote:
and as it says, it will "most likely" be for HL2. tho all i really need is a coder.
i would EXTREMELY GLADLY make it for quake 1, if someone could code it.
i LOVE the quake 1 engine. q3 engine too. just need the coder, cos i cant code shit.

so while you have good ideas, this is going to be vaporware until you find someone willing to code this. Coding takes a lot of work and effort and while you have good intentions, I don't see this happening anytime soon. The CPMA source is closed AFAIK, so this will have to be coded from the ground up. So you heard that HL2 is going to be easily modifiable, and that it's going to run smoothly on a low end machine (where physics are highly CPU dependant), on a ti4600 (where benchmarks already show that a 5900 struggle at 30fps) even...

I don't think you see the whole picture mew, but good luck with your project. I hope you prove me wrong.
mew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never said im gonna code it myself... ever.

and i know this is not gonna be done anytime soon. :]

and im not out for fame or glory. which is hardly even possible with this type of mod.
just for fun. and fun being the main issue here, i plan not to take this seriously. :)
Claymore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True what Amish said about the GFFX 5900, she struggles to get those fps, but why do you want to use the HL2 enigne for your mod if you don't want to use nor the physics neither the graphics ?!? That's the best part of the engine, without that, you would have a lame HL1 engine, with a nice AI nothing more. I say again, get some help and code it on QC ofr fuhquake.

BTW it makes more sence coding in QC since most ppl that is waiting for HL2 is a fan of games like CS, not games like quake.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: