FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HI, NEW MODEL PROJECT FOR QUAKE1....AND....SOME HELP!! XD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> 24bit Textures and Skins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SABRE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: HI, NEW MODEL PROJECT FOR QUAKE1....AND....SOME HELP!! XD Reply with quote

Hi guys, first........sorry for my REALLY BAD english!! =( :p

Okey, i made a tribute to the BIG QUAKE 1!! and i got to remodeling some............models!! doh!! XDD

Well, here some wip....

PLAYER MODEL

OLD GRENADE LAUNCHER v 1.0 ...

NEW GRENADE LAUNCHER v 2.0 (i want make it whit more QUAKE1 feel than the other )

IN GAME SHOT...( the flag its mine too, and the weapon model its the g_rock -v 1.0- whit the WIP skin)

Well, all this its a WIP, and hope you like it...

Now, some questions!!

-HOW MANY POLYS CAN HAVE A MODELS ON FUHQUAKE??

On the old quake engine one good model have 500 polys, but now??
I want add very things to the player model, but i tink if have much polys....or not??

-HOW I WILL MAKE SKINS FOR THE FOUR TEAMS (r, b , g and y) ON 24 BITS FOR TF??

I will make it whit the old skin system?? Or i will make four skins of all classes with different colors?? (like quake3)

Well, hope you hel me!!

BYEE..........AND SORRY AGAIN FOR THE ENGLISH!! =(
Mick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice models, that for sure !
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2048 max vertices
2048 max triangles

Use the old skin system for now.
SABRE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanx for your help!!

Ciaoo........................
Klaymen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice models mate, player model looks futuristic, will it still have the class Q1 helmet? That new Gren-Launcher WIP looks really fuckin' kick ass Razz.
WangMauler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like that player model...looks really good - cant wait for a nice skin for it!

-=Teh Pink Bunny=-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeaD_PoeT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work man...
what about release this player model?
check out the monkeyRath one to see his textures if u dont have any... maybe it would help u... and keep up the good work

Cool
SABRE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanx for the comments!!

Here a Update of the player....

Now have 948 polys, i think it is the last version of the player model, now i will made the uv maps...

About the textures. I see the other player, and its nice. But i have no problem, i will made for myself the textures

And the release...I dont know, i will see what happend whith the options for the 24 bits support for team color skins. I think i will release the models of the weapons and the sentry gun after than the player...

Au revoir.............................
dakoth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remodeling quake will lead to people using the old spike-modeled player.mdl. Although I like your work, it leads down a path that will make it easier to cheat in quake.

For those of you who weren't around, back before f_modified people made player.mdls with 20 feet spikes sticking out in every direction... I'll let you figure out the rest.
DeathLace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dakoth wrote:
Remodeling quake will lead to people using the old spike-modeled player.mdl. Although I like your work, it leads down a path that will make it easier to cheat in quake.

For those of you who weren't around, back before f_modified people made player.mdls with 20 feet spikes sticking out in every direction... I'll let you figure out the rest.

those people left the Quake scene in 2001, let's be honest now... there's way to few people left, and the people that are, are good and don't use that crap.
Connor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job...The player looks like its really taking shape...I just hope people dont think that because its meshed that its anywere near done...You still have 200 frames of animation that are far from easy. The weapon looks not bad... I see it as a railgun or maybe lightning gun...or a bfg in q2. I like the flag...how about a download link for the flag:)

dakoth wrote:

Getting an even game ended the day gotwalls came out...and then it got worse with gotwalls/radar...then they dont even need a hacked version of the map.
Remodeling quake will lead to more people playing it for years to come.
........................ Twisted Evil
ParadokS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a load of bs dakoth =)

It's just to find the best models and add them into a pakfile that fuhquake will approve.

Or just make some dimension limits to the models.
oldman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is model bounding checking as simple as looking at the 'radius' element in the header or is there more complex code required?
DeathLace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParadokS wrote:

It's just to find the best models and add them into a pakfile that fuhquake will approve.

after watching a demo that you were in, I have decided you use hacked models, hehehehe RazzSmile
Klaymen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome work Sabre, player model looks sweet.
WangMauler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DeathLace wrote:
Quote:
ParadokS wrote:

after watching a demo that you were in, I have decided you use hacked models, hehehehe

DeathLace, you've only seen para in ONE demo? i have at least 50!! w00t! i'ma demo freak though...got 4.32g(about 6,000 demos) for quake....Smile

do i win the demo award?

-=Teh Pink Bunny=-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dakoth wrote:

Sabre has put in a lot of effort improving the quality of models for his own personal use, and shared these with others. Nothing he has done has made it easier or harder for people to use spiked models.

Go post elsewhere, you're not welcome here.
SABRE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, thanx!!

Quote:
You still have 200 frames of animation that are far from easy

Yeah, you right! But by the way, years before i made how 3 player models full animated, but unreleased...I have experience...

the uvmaps and the animation are the hard part for me of this work....

Quote:
ow about a download link for the flag:)

Hmm, i will search for a web hosting for my web page, and i will upload my models...

Thanks guys again...and sorry for my bad english!! Laughing

p: I have a question...What software need for change format md3 to mdl, but whit animation??

I have a form, but, whitout animations...
dak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe you completely misunderstood me fuh. I wasn't even commenting on Sabre's work; I was taking the discussion in another direction altogether. It was my mistake of derailing his thread instead of making my own on the subject.

If Sabre also misunderstood my intentions then I'd like to apologize; your models are truly spectacular, and impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing them in motion, and if one day the QW scene isn't split between clients and there is a chance of implementing changes such as these that would be even grander.

Sorry for the cheapo-comment Para, your arrogance got the better of my temper; it's no excuse though, just plain truth. I apologize.

This'll be my last post, since fuh wants me gone. It's his forum so it's his rules; all he'd have to do was ask. Seeya guys, and good luck with the models Sabre Smile
ParadokS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SABRE:
mail me at [email protected] or ICQ: 21422946 or msg me on irc @ irc.quakenet.org #quakeworld (nick @]SR[ParadokS) and I will help you with hosting under *.quakeworld.nu regi.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> 24bit Textures and Skins All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: