FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D3d

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> Help Desk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue banana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: D3d Reply with quote

Sad Hello, sorry if this was posted before i couldnt find it, but is there support for direct 3d? Glide isint supported by my card (SiS) and the game hung at the console menu, plz help. Sad
Elanzer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but there is a direct3d vanilla quakeworld 2.3, you can probobly find it on google pretty easily. Though if it's an old sis like a 6326 because it doesn't even support opengl, give up right now and just run soft mode, you'll NEVER get decent frame rates in 3d mode with thet card, d3d qwcl gave me like 10fps fo r my old one.
kevinh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete opengl32.dll from quake dir..
WangMauler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also you might have a problem with d3d where there is that stupid delay with the mouse - you move the mouse, a half-second later it moves on screen...i always hated that...

i actualy re-encountered that problem last week - my freind gave me his halo disk for PC, and i installed it, and it uses d3d, and it has about a full second delay - i have an xp 2600, 512 mb pc3200 ram, gf3 ti200, and i can play ut2k3 at 1024 medium graphics at 60+ fps...halo played at high fps, but that delay....wow.......

last time i ad that problem...i was using d3d quake actually...that version i think it was, on my old amd 850 wiht 256mb pc133 ram, and a voodoo3 3000 card...it ran good fps with much lag in the mouse though,....go figure...
my friggen card was possesed - hence my email addy!

when i benched it on any systems, new and old, with the 3dmark 01 se, the high poly cout (8 lights) would get insane counts for that test...i got 10fps on it on my current system....for a voodoo3 3000, thats basicly imposisble...my gf3 ti200 barely does that...

-=Teh Pink Bunny=-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> Help Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: