FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Do You Connect to a Multiplayer Server? ???????

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StealtH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: How Do You Connect to a Multiplayer Server? ??????? Reply with quote

Let's say that I am trying to connect to 69.64.32.212:26000. I edit the server and put that server IP in.

Connecting to 69.64.32.212:26000...

It just keeps doing this and won't connect to a server? Fuh, please take the time to respond and tell all these good people how to play multiplayer.
-- FUHQUAKE = #1 DUDE! --
DD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what ur saying there I'd guess either the IP adress for the server is wrong or u have a firewall running, make sure you have opened the correct port for quakeworld if that is the case.
The way most quake players connect is via ASE (all seeing eye) a server browser for many games including quakeworld try this link (I'm at work so websense won't let me access the site but I think it's correct):
http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

Hope that helps
StealtH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so you recommend All Seeing Eye? Gamespy is just so weird and stuff. Yeah, I have firewall on low, will that really block Quake?
-- FUHQUAKE = #1 DUDE! --
DD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I use all seeing eye and I believe most QW users do, a lot less fuss than gamespy which is evil and should be destroyed Wink.
As for firewalls it depends on which firewall you use, is it built into your OS for instance or is added in software like zone alarm?

The server browser built into Fuhquake also works fine for me, you could try a few different server address like 'edome death32' or 'xs4all', I'm at work so offhand I can't provide their IP address's but they shouldn't be too difficult to track down.

Use the command 'connect' at the quake console followed by the server ip address to test the connection b4 adding them to fuhquakes built in server browser that way u can be sure they work.

Hope this helps
xhrl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since when did fuhquake get a serverbrowser?
b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think he meant server list, not browser
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: