FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visible weapons on player models

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> 24bit Textures and Skins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klaymen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Visible weapons on player models Reply with quote

was bored n started thinkin about the old DMessentials mod. Wonderred if it were possible to implement atleast the option of having the different player models for each weapon using the models from this mod. Would be a cool extra feature for fuhquake me thinks.. jsut a thought. yay Surprised
pretorian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be implemented because of the change in gameplay.
Apollyon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it change gameplay with everyone using a boomstick/axe script anyway?
Klaymen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah i thought about that too. How would it change the gameplay, it really wouldnt at all cos i mean everyone knows wat weapons each class as and how quickly do different classes just flick between weapons, it wont change a thing.. i would say.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe make it so it needs to have serverside permission to work.

Just a thought.....
oldman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwep would be nice for aesthetics in qwtf where it doesn't really matter if u can see what weapon the person is using, i'd much rather see demomen holding a gren launcher than the standard weapon model but i'm sure this is a quakec codeing problem not client coding so would probably be best being put into oztf with some basic code support in fuhquake if needed

Jballou coded vwep quake2 style with proper player.mdl, w_rocketlauncher.mdl, w_shaft.mdl etc. instead of the dme way and it'd be much better this way (he has source available!)
http://jballou.racknine.net/quakestuff/mods.php

But vwep in 4v4 would change tactics quite significantly when axe/shotgun scripts aren't in use, and when they are there would be no point in vwep cos u'd only see the weapon models for a split second so it'd cost u 6 times the memory for no actual benefit

put vwep in qwtf and make it a sever variable for dm like watervis or summit
dkure

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weapon models have to be implemented via server

think of mvds, there is no knowledge of what any weapon other people have (this is client recorded mvds)
Klaymen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah yur right. that vwep is a much better way. And also a serverside command allowing clients to use it or watever. Cos i guess for DM and stuff it COULD be used as an advantage, ie players can know how equiped or inequiped someone is or something like that and on the flipside players can pretend to be not well equiped but really have a rocket launcher ready to use or WATEVER blah blah, anyway, i think it would be awesome to have this implemented in Wink
oldman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be done using setinfos but might lag with big games due to lots of changing setinfo's when ppl switch weapon a lot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i'm pretty sure that sort of stuff is controlled by the mod itself, we should get it in oztf!
Klaymen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we sure should Surprised Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> 24bit Textures and Skins All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: