FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

matchreporting by using a cfg

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rikkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: matchreporting by using a cfg Reply with quote

Yesterday, when I was watching a demo, I got bored of watching my favorite player trying to get a normal gun and I thought about smarter trackoptions as "track quadedplayer" like you can (could?) use on some servers as a spectator. But also I am always afraid that I miss out on the good parts. So I would like a reporter!

If Fuhquake would give the possibility to use a clock/timer in a scriptfile we change settings like pov at any moment in the demo. We only need a timetrigger and a variable who tells you the amount of seconds the demo is playing. Now somebody can give you a script file and you can watch the highlights of the match.

Maybe I can explain better by showing a ´possible´ script (skip it if you don´t want to puzzle):

think that f_second is executed every second and $demotime gives the elapsed time of the demo...

-------
// 1. start playing demo "THE BIG FINAL between LA and FS"

playdemo "LA-vs-FS-Final-dm3-001.mvd"

//2. start by tracking reppie (player #3) who will get the first pent

track "#3"

//alias f_second to changeview1 (the first change of pov)
//now every second the alias changeview1 is executed

alias f_second "changeview1"

//3. track player #5 (who will get the quad) when 0:50 are elapsed
//and re-alias f_second to changeview2, so from now on changeview2 will be executed every sec.

alias changeview1 "if $demotime = 0:50 view1"
alias view1 "track #5; wait; alias f_second changeview2"

//4. track blixem and dag (player #2 and #7) who will have a ´midair´ fight
//using the multiview option here (available in fuhquake 0.28 mv) to track both players; and re-alias f_second for next change

alias changeview2 "if demotime = 3:45 view2"
alias view2 "cl_multiview 2; wait; fov 150; wait; track1 #2; wait; track2 #7; alias
f_second changeview3"

//5. track blixem and dag again, but now in slow-motion and re-alias f_second for next change
//need to restart the demo to jump back. (btw an alias called $demoname could be handy)

alias changeview3 "if demotime = 3:55 view3"
alias view3 "rewind1; wait; trackboth1; wait; slowmotion; alias f_second changeview4"
alias trackboth1 "cl_multiview 2;wait; track1 #2; wait; track2 #7"
alias rewind1 "playdemo LA-vs-FS-Final-dm3-001.mvd; wait; demo_jump 3:50"
alias slowmotion "demo_setspeed 30"

//6. track dag & settings back to normal

alias changeview4 "if demotime = 3:55 view4"
alias view4 "track1 #7; wait; cl_multiview 0; wait; demo_setspeed 100; wait;
default_fov; wait; alias f_second changesky1"

//7. change sky before player gets outside for the pent (coz its getting dark in the abandoned base..)
//If you dont know anything about changing sky´s, you could pay a visit to fuhquake.net

alias changesky1 "if demotime = 14:55 sky1
alias sky1 "loadsky dmcw; wait; alias f_second Irritate"

//8. This shouldn´t be in here:
alias Irritate "echo I´m Fred! and I like that; wait; Irritate"
-------

It´s like making a movie of a match using a 3kb cfg-file.
You can watch these matches with your own eyecandy and settings.
And ingame sounds is your own choice.

And multiple demos? why not. You can do a lot of things with this. I know you could already do this by cutting demos (like quake done quick for example), but with some ´mp3_play´ (like Oops of Britney, which everyone already has) added or whatever quake commando you can make relatively easy something nice and you only have to distribute a script. I just think more people can handle a script file than a project like quake done quick.

Well I better stop talking, I hope you like the idea.

Rikkie
plasticity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want better camera angles too
a tomb-raider style camera would be great when spectating
Povo-Hat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last version of qwex (the original mvd client) had cl_chasecam from 0 to 4, which included some useful 3rd person cameras

edit: oh yeah, i also really like the idea from the original post.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: