FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Make timer in Fuhquake :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angua

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great constructive post Mercury... With that script, I still use my brain just as much as anyone else, perhaps more. The difference is my _teammates_ get to know the spawntimes.
And as forsberg said... or maybe he didn't, anyways:
Eggclocks can _never_ be banned, as it can't be discovered by admins or anyone else by that matter. Nor can third-party-timing-progs. And while it's like this, every clan who wants to be in top will use them. This is the point, as it can't be reglated, why not just make it legit?
Claymore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well actualy it can be Smile if fuh want's he can simply remove the console commands that are needed for the timing scripts Wink

and if cheats can't be detected by the admins why not also legalise them ....
Angua

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course he can ban a script, though he can't ban a program, or a hardware like an eggclock.
And timing isn't seen on as cheat, that's why it hasn't been "banned" ... all top clans are using eggclocks or such, do they think it's cheat? no.
forsberg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand why you would wanna bring the "then allow all cheats" argument. Its because you lack other REAL arguements. q3 has the timer and yeah top divisions are ofcourse good at timing and use large script to tell teammates when stuff spawns etc, and bad clans still dont know excactly when the stuff spawns. EXCACTLY like it is in qw now. Except in my opinion all the timers are fucking cheat. I dont like running 3rd party programs wich gives me gameplay features i dont already have. (proxies for ping is something else imo) With the timer in the client (like earlier, remember scores had seconds ?) this wouldnt be a problem for me. The reason i bring in q3 at all is because it HAS the timer, and its just a strategic element, and has nothing to do with people using more or less brain. After 5-6 years in qw, i can pretty damn well feel quad spawn with 1-3 seconds delay. Well i guess this forum isnt read much, the arguements brought forth still sucks imo...
xhrl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forsberg wrote:
what Angua said, still missing some good arguments why not to put the time in the client.

yes i concur, put the clock into the client such that it can displayed as seems best to each person. i do think some changes alter qw's gameplay to make it shallower, as apo suggests above. but i don't think this one does. for to build in scripts around the built-in clock would still involve players pushing a button to designate their meaning.
raket

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angua wrote:
and actually, my script isn't that easy to use atm :) as qw is a MUCH faster game than q3, you can't really let go of your mouse to type in some digits at any time... Additionally, all players in the team must use a timer, and it has to be set on the exact same time.

Angua? :)
have u ever tried to use the same angelina for all users in the clan? :)
(eg everyone in the clan checks the time from your angelina)
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
CHEAT!
Eizo 19"
Linux, etc :>~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angua

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my, that was kinda smart raket Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: