FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three questions (dynamic light, ambient sound, rocket model)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwiNCannoN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Three questions (dynamic light, ambient sound, rocket model) Reply with quote

Hi all. Three questions that I couldn't find, after stumbling through phpbb's crappy search feature (it's funny because I have a board that uses this same theme too :P) the past hour...

Easy ones:

how do I disable dynamic light? I just d/led a "simple texture pack" and the dynamic light looks horrid with it.

how do I disable ambient sound? Honestly I remember seeing *two* commands in an explanation to turn it off while looking through search and I was going to jot them down and mozilla crashed... blah. Couldn't find them again :(

and the rocket model. Basically I like the grenade model in place of it a lot more but it won't stick... probably because I exec my own cfg's. what's the command for it so I can plop it in my cfg?

Thanks in advance.
oldman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Three questions (dynamic light, ambient sound, rocket mo Reply with quote

TwiNCannoN wrote:
how do I disable dynamic light? I just d/led a "simple texture pack" and the dynamic light looks horrid with it.

you can't

TwiNCannoN wrote:
how do I disable ambient sound? Honestly I remember seeing *two* commands in an explanation to turn it off while looking through search and I was going to jot them down and mozilla crashed... blah. Couldn't find them again :(

cl_staticSounds 0
s_ambientlevel 0

TwiNCannoN wrote:
and the rocket model. Basically I like the grenade model in place of it a lot more but it won't stick... probably because I exec my own cfg's. what's the command for it so I can plop it in my cfg?

cl_r2g 1
TwiNCannoN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I at least change dyanmic light color? Basically, dm3 is now blue, and the yellow dyn. lights look really bad now :)

Also I stumbled upon another question... how do I change charsets? I'm so used to gfx.wad...

Sorry for my newbishness, but also thanks a ton for all the help! :)
TwiNCannoN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, does Fuh have an auto-demo record command?

Sorry for all the questions but the search feature basically just throws me *every* thread when I try to use it :(
Silas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Record (under matchtools in config)
match_auto_record "2"

Using Alt Charsets

First put your charsets in \\fuhquake\qw\textures\Charsets (You might need to create the charsets directory)

Then in your fuhquake shortcut add
-loadcharset filename
example is my charset is silas.png then I put -loadcharset silas

I have removed the lits (Removed the lit dir) to get rid of the dynamic lighting, but I am sure there are alternates available or one of the guys familiar may post mention of a tool to use.
* If you have one specific map you dislike the dynamic lighting you can always remove that individual lit file.

-> For any other configuration questions you can always refer to http://fuhquake.quakeworld.nu
TwiNCannoN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, awesome.

Thanks for all the help!
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl_loadlitfiles 0 + restart map. THey are static lights. Dynamic lights is the glow from explosions, rockets, powerups etc .
Mick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or just remove the lit files
TwiNCannoN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I didn't even know about the lit files fuh made heh :P I just renamed the file for now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: