FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[ot] master server

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: [ot] master server Reply with quote

why has nobody ever written a freely available master server software? additionally, why isn't the qw master server software freely available?

seems poor that places like quakeworld.nu etc. cant just run a master.quakeworld.nu that a browser can ping for all the server ips

and before ppl mention it i hate the ASE nonsense
Povo-Hat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

master server software has been released, i know Wart always uses it at his lans. i did a quick search and found these

http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames2/utils/network_serial/quakeworld/
Ba`alzamon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, what did planetquake telefraged barrysworld etcetc use to use as their master server software?

there was santa.quakeforge.net master server up recenty, but it seems like its down now.
Claymore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres no reason to have a master server, due to the success of ASE (why is it a nonsense Question )
mako

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea why oldman dont like it but DUH, not everyone uses windows, and its quite possible that it could turn into incredibly gay retarded shit like gamespy did at anytime, or make us pay for it?

ASE sure is a fine browser but it might not be for everyone.

btw anyone remember pingtool, i used to love that, shame they stoped work on it.
Ba`alzamon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like ASE, but when it comes to quakeworld i tend to dislike it a bit, as there is no Central Master Server that all quakeworld servers are listed on, some people just add their server to the ASE lists, but not to any master server, so anyone not using windows cannot see their server when they use a program like XQF or similar.

One thing that i hope master.quakeworld.nu can do, is export the list of servers from ASE every now and then, and list them all on their master server, so that non-windows users can get a full list Smile
necromancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe how i use it? Razz i will try to put a master server on teamfortress.com.br but i dont know how this program work Very Happy
Scuba Steve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to find any master servers, can someone helpe me out here..?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: