FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lagging?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mackie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Lagging? Reply with quote

I just downloaded 0.26 and at random times when I play, I press the key bound to "messagemode" or "messagemode2" and it lags. It takes ~1 sec to show the prompt, and ~1sec for each character that i type to appear.

Also when I'm hopping around, mouse input is almost like it is non existent. I move it left and right, crosshair stays in the same place. It stays like this for ~5 seconds and happens at random intervals.

I had no problems with release 0.25, they just started happening now.

And no, it's not computer lag.

PC: 1ghz AMD-Thunderbird
Ram: 128mb SD
Video: GF2 TI 64mb
Mouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical

Any ideas?
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try shutting down all other programs besides fuhquake, and see if it still happens.
Psychopheles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider an upgrade to your current video card. It could most likely be a video card issue.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem!

In my case, turning off vertical sync (in either windows/graphics card drivers) or in fuhquake (vid_vsync 0) solved these problems. However, the image is a bit flickery, but atleast the 1 sec keyboard lag and the odd mouse movement disappeared Smile My MS Explorer 3.0 simply stopped tracking all the time. I want that damn silky smoothness with vsync enabled Smile But rather some flickering than simulating pushlatency 1000 Wink

Win xp, amd xp 1700+, gf4 ti4400 (nvidia driver ver. 30.82), 512 mb ddr

This should be a bug report or smtn
RaRe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Heya.
I have a tbird 1.4 256mb pc2100 ram@cas2 gf2 ti 64mb drr, and i do not have this problem, i also use vsync, i find it alot more smoother with it on.
Lucky me i suppose, I have a prority setting of abovenormal, and
a -heapseize of 96000.
running win2k vid drivers are 41.09.
mackie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Fixed Reply with quote

I nailed it down to sys_highpriority.
Somehow making it high priority made it low priority quality =P
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Fixed Reply with quote

Quote:
Added sys_highpriority (no sys_yieldcpu yet). Use this only if you know what you're doing.

I guess you thought you knew what you were doing.

And no, it sets it to high priority not low. You just have to understand that high isnt necessarily better.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychopheles wrote:
Consider an upgrade to your current video card. It could most likely be a video card issue.

a gf2 should run fuhquake fine.
spam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get the same problem..ever since updating to .26 and build 330 and 300 and the qmb version. And dont tell me its my computer..i have a 2.53 p4 with 1 gig ddr ram and geforce 4 ti4600...

i have vsync on cus without it the looks like crap...i havent tried disabling it to see if it still lags..the problem is that when i play i get a steady 60 fps..i dont know why..all the people in the forums talk about 100 fps with less specs than my comp..wtf? but ok..60 is fine for me..with vsync and at 1024 x 768 with 32 bpp.

What happens is im playing and every 5 minutes i get a fps drop to 42 fps and then back up to 60. its not cpu lag its not video card lag and its not my hds...i dont knmow what it is..even with no other programs running..i have the default options for the priority..so..i dont get it..

also can someone give me some help to tweak my fuhquake to a higher fps?? the highest ive ever gotten is 72 with fuhquake..maybe 72.1 lol..ok..well..hope to hear from someone..if u want to help me on irc im on ETG in #3g my name is [3g]Spam thanx
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: