FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FuhQuake v0.28 (Build 450) with keymap-support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonik

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In "ctrl-alt works as altgr" mode, Windows will generate AltGr keypresses when it detects that CTRL and ALT are pressed simultaneously, right?

But you can't really press two keys simultaneously, can you? You will hit CTRL first, and then ALT (or vice versa). Suppose you press CTRL first. Windows will immediately send the keypress to the application because it doesn't know if you're going to press ALT afterwards. But your applicating may have special handling for "Ctrl + alphanum key" combination (ZQuake does!), and that may cause problems (it does!).

So, if you want your application to be used by people who don't have the AltGr key, you must prepared for the situation when CTRL is held when ALTGR keypress is received (ZQuake is not, hehehe).

You say you don't care about people without the AltGR key? Ok, but Microsoft does care. It will force you to be compatible. It forced you to rewrite your/my code, didn't it? :-)
Massa

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In "ctrl-alt works as altgr" mode, Windows will generate AltGr keypresses when it detects that CTRL and ALT are pressed simultaneously, right?

As far as I know, there is no mode "CTRL+ALT works as ALTGR" - but I may be wrong:o !??
And that would not cause problems with software who know about AltGR.
I think that the other direction is the fault: sending an additional CTRL-event, when pressing ALTGR. And not only sending it additionally as second event, but sending it as first event
(if it would be sended as second one it would be much easier to filter Wink ).

As far as I saw, Windows does not generate AltGR-keypresses when it detects CTRL+ALT presses, only vice versa.

And I didn't (want to) say that I don't care about people without AltGR-key (maybe my english is to bad to understand).
What I said was, that people without AltGR don't care about a AltGR-functionality (they don't need it, they don't have third level keys with special country specific characters).

Quote:
It forced you to rewrite your/my code, didn't it?

I wanted to make the AltGR and the third level of keys working. The situation, that there are additional unwanted events for the LCTRL-key does still exist.
To solve it, I would have to store a history of pressed and released keys and only react on every second key.
Then it would be possible to delete the unwanted LCTRL-event.
But that situation would lead to a time lag for key reactions. So I don't think that is a good idea...

The problem with pressing AltGR and then receiving LCTRL and ALTGR-events still exists.
Arrow I and other people with AltGR-key have to live with that behaviour.
People without AltGR-key don't care, because they don't have a key which adds additional events...

Please correct me, if my suppositions are wrong. I see windows raising an additional LCTRL-key when pressing ALTGR, but I don't see it raising an ALTGR-key when pressing CTRL+ALT together.
Rowdy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Thanks again, Massa Reply with quote

Massa, thanks for keeping your build with keymap support up-to-date.

I hope Fuh will merge your changes into the official FuhQuake build some time soon... Wink
Massa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Massa, thanks for keeping your build with keymap support up-to-date.

Hey! You were faster than I, I did my update a few minutes ago - how did you knew Wink
For all: Fuh released the Build450-sources and so it's time for another update to my keymap-executables.

For further information look at the top of this thread...

Quote:
I hope Fuh will merge your changes into the official FuhQuake build some time soon...
I hope this, too - but I can also live with the current situation and always include the changes in new versions.

BTW, I also did some (incomplete) work at the linux part to also support some of the keymap features. I don't think that all the keymap features are necessary for the X-versions; X11 has its own keymapping mechanism which is supported by FuhQuake.
Currently I only added the scancode-mechanism and the support for the additional keys (which danfe also already did for BSD).
But I have problems with my (laptop-)machine which is unable to run any svgalib-based program and this includes of course the svgalib-version of FuhQuake Sad
And I'm also unable to configure the hardware-GLX support and therefore the glx and software executables work, but really slow Sad

I also wanted to have a look at danfe's changes for BSD, maybe it could also be used for Linux...

...but I don't have time this week and next week starts my "real life" vaccations - so I will be unreachable for at least three weeks.

I will spent these weeks in France and test the Burgund wines Razz
If my brain still exists after that I will finish the work at the linux part Wink
Rowdy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massa wrote:

Rowdy wrote:
I hope Fuh will merge your changes into the official FuhQuake build some time soon...

I hope this, too - but I can also live with the current situation and always include the changes in new versions.

I appreciate you keeping your client up-to-date, but there are some disadvantages to this approach:

• The security module will not work with your client.
  • You are doing unnecessary work for each new version.
  • Users are unnecessarily downloading your client for each new version.
  • When a new FuhQuake is released, users have to wait for you to update your client before they can take advantage of the new FuhQuake's features.
  • It splits FuhQuake into two separate distributions/branches.

None of these problems would exist if Fuh merged your changes into the main distribution, so I still hope that he will do so. Smile
Versus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

=( I would like to bind "escape" key, but it seems impossible even in fq-MM Sad
Tonik

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reassignment of Esc (also Enter and arrow keys) even in keymaps is done on purpose. It's so that you don't fuck things up completely if you load a bad keymap.

Why would one need to reassign the Esc key anyway?
Versus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I feel it`ll extremly usefull for binding "lost"-reports...
Tonik

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, why don't you want to rebind ctrl, alt, and delete? :-)
Massa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Rowdy:
I agree totally, but it's Fuh's decision not mine Smile

@Versus:
As Tonik already said, it's impossible to reassign the ESCAPE-key on purpose!
And BTW, key-binding and key-mapping are totally different things.
With key-mapping you create, which hardware-scancodes produces which keys.
With key-binding you can set up one or more commands to be executed when you press a key.

If you want to bind the ESC to something other, you have to compile your own version and comment out the "don't fuck things up" lines in the source code.
If you want, tell me and I'll send you my Sources... Wink
Massa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another small bugfix-update to my executables.

SyS reported a bug which is hard to explain, but I'll try Smile
To reproduce the bug, try the following (of course in an older version Wink):
1.) bind a key (e.g. x) to "+forward"
2.) press this key
3.) additionally press a SHIFT-key
4.) release the original key
You will still go forward...

This happens because the software sends first a down-event for "x" then a down-event for "SHIFT" then a release-event occurs.
The software notices that the SHIFT-key is pressed and it will generate a release-event for the shifted "x"-key -> for the "X".
It does not know, in which SHIFT+x = X key
Because it does not remember the order of the key presses, so it doesn't know if "x" or SHIFT+x had been pressed.
I added a workaround, so that it will in such cases (key release, shift or altgr-key pressed) generate an additional key release event for the unshifted key.
It's only a quickhack solution which is not very smart, but I could not find any other solution and it seems to work Smile

If anybody (mavbe Tonik or Fuh Wink) conceive a better solution, please tell me Razz !
Versus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massa wrote:

If you want, tell me and I'll send you my Sources... Wink

would u be so kind? =)
Massa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Versus: Look at the top of this thread.
The download location for the sources is there (I added them with my last update because I knew that you will ask for Wink)
Versus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Sorry for delay, I was away...
Massa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@All:
I updated my executables and the sources again.

This time I made a small bugfix to the executables and added my versions of qwprogs.dat and spprogs.dat.

1.) The Bugfix:
You can have several commands in one line of your configuration files if you separate them with a ";"
BUT: the original FuhQuake (and also ZQuake) also treat these character as separator when in comments!
That means that it will try to execute commands which are written inside comments if they are separated with ";"
Example:
Code:
// comment; this should not be executed; gl_conrotate 1

"// comment" will be treated as comment but the engines will try to execute "this should be not be executed" as a command (which of course fails - unknown command) and also "gl_conrotate 1" (which works - it's a valid command)
I thought that this behaviour is a bug and (hopefully) fixed it; now the whole rest of the line will be treated as comment and ";" inside of comments will be ignored.

2.) Enhanced qwprogs.dat/spprogs.dat:
The additionally qwprogs.dat and spprogs.dat inside the directory "qw.tst" have a few enhancements related to Tonik's original ones:

I (re)added the "serverinfo rj [multiplier]" feature (for higher rocket jumps Wink)

I added the existing code for "prevention of telefrags during player respawns in multplayer mode" (original came from Johannes Plass, modified by ZOID).

I added the feature "timed invulnerability protection for respawning players"; configurable with "serverinfo spawn_protect [time]" (like in dmm4 and dmm5).

I added the possibility to move through the map circle (defined with "localinfo map1 map2") in a random order.
Can be switched on with "serverinfo randommap 1"

For detailed information (also about which QC-files have been changed or added) look at the file "progs-changed.txt" inside the "qw.tst" directory.

The documented sources for that changes are of course available inside the source-package!

I hope you like it Wink
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to do some work on this the other day but I had to stop. I can't make any more progress either until I get my hands on a German keyboard or something similar. Not sure where I'd get one of these in AU, but I'm looking.
Massa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, keymap feature will be added to official version Cool !
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If you need some help with my code, tell me!
(I think it's too expensive to send you a German keyboard, but I can help with testing...)
Massa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It seems, that the keymap feature is _NOT_ in v0.30
So I have to do it again...

After Fuh releases his sources I'll have a look at it.
It depends on how big Fuh's changes were if I'm fast or if it costs some time (of course there are other dependencies called "real life (TM)" Smile)

Expect a new release beginning of next week (fingers crossed).
Goljat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massa: i have found a bug about mouse4/5 feature for ms mice.
I give you an example:
alias +heh "say +alias"
alias -heh "say -alias"
bind mouse4 +heh
when you press the mouse4 button it says both aliases at same time even you keep it hold and -alias should be loaded when you stop pushing the button.
another example:
alias +rl "impulse 7;+attack"
alias -rl "-attack"
it load +rl and -rl aliases at same time, i hope you got the point Smile
Massa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I think I got the point....
... But ...
I can't reproduce it here.
I used official release of FQ 0.30.

alias +heh "echo +alias"
alias -heh "echo -alias"
bind mouse4 "+heh"

When I press (and hold) mouse button 4 it just says "+alias".
When I release mouse button 4 it says "-alias"

alias +rl "impulse 7;attack"
alias -rl "-attack"
bind mouse4 "+rl"

When I press (and hold) mouse button 4 it constantly fires the Rocket Launcher.
When I release the button it stops.

So it works here a supposed to be...!?

Could you please give me more information (exactly which mouse, which mouse driver version, have you enabled or disabled application specific mouse features, ... )
Also your Fuhquake configuration (command line parameters, etc.) may be of interest.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: